Last updated on February 14, 2023
Thank you for choosing to be part of our community at Ownwell (“Company”, “we”, “us”, or “our”). We are committed to protecting your personal information and your right to privacy. If you have any questions or concerns about our policy, or our practices with regards to your personal information, please visit our help center.
1. WHAT INFORMATION DO WE COLLECT?
Personal information you disclose to us
In Short: We collect personal information that you provide to us.
We collect personal information that you voluntarily provide to us when expressing an interest in obtaining information about us or our products and services, when participating in activities within the Services or otherwise contacting us.
The personal information that we collect depends on the context of your interactions with us, the Services, and the choices you make within the products and features you use. The types of personal information we collect may include the following:
Publicly Available Personal Information. We collect first name, maiden name, last name, and nickname; email addresses; phone numbers; current and former address; and other similar data.
Personal Information Provided by You. We collect financial information such as credit card number, purchase history, invoices, and other similar data.
All personal information that you provide to us must be true, complete, and accurate. You must notify us of any changes to such personal information.
Information automatically collected
In Short: Some information — such as IP address and/or browser and device characteristics — is collected automatically when you visit our website.
We automatically collect certain information when you visit, use or navigate the Services. This information is not considered “personal data” and does not reveal your specific identity (like your name or contact information), but may include device and usage information, such as your IP address, browser and device characteristics, operating system, language preferences, referring URLs, device name, country, location, information about how and when you use our Services and other technical information. This information is primarily used for functionality purposes, to maintain the security and operation of our Services, and for our internal analytics and reporting purposes.
Like many businesses, we also collect information through cookies and similar technologies.
Online Identifiers. We collect cookie identifiers, or others such as the ones used for analytics and marketing; tools and protocols, such as IP (Internet Protocol) addresses; device's geolocation; applications; devices; and other similar data.
Information collected from other sources
In Short: We may collect limited data from public databases, marketing partners, and other outside sources.
We may obtain information about you from other sources, such as public databases, joint marketing partners, as well as from other third parties. Examples of the information we receive from other sources may include: social media profile information, marketing leads, search results and links, including paid listings (such as sponsored links).
2. HOW DO WE USE YOUR INFORMATION?
In Short: We process your information for purposes based on legitimate business interests, the fulfillment of our contract with you, and compliance with any legal obligations.
We use personal information collected via our Services for a variety of business purposes described below. We process your personal information for these purposes in reliance on our legitimate business interests, to enter into or perform our services within our contract with you, with your consent, and/or for compliance with our legal obligations. We indicate the specific processing grounds we rely on next to each purpose listed below.
We use the information we collect or receive:
- To facilitate account creation and login process. If you choose to link your account with us to a third-party account (such as your Google or Facebook account), we use the information you allowed us to collect from those third parties to facilitate account creation and login process for the performance of the contract.
- To send you marketing and promotional communications. We and/or our third-party marketing partners may use the personal information you share with us for marketing purposes if this is in accordance with your marketing preferences. You can opt-out of our marketing emails at any time.
- To send administrative information to you. We may use your personal information to send you product, service and new feature information, or information related to changes in our terms, conditions, or policies.
- To post testimonials. We sometimes highlight testimonials you have submitted to us about our Services, which may include personal information, such as your name or city. We will request your consent prior to posting a testimonial that includes your personal information. You may update or delete your testimonial here: contact us and be sure to include your name, testimonial location, and any other relevant contact information.
- Deliver targeted advertising to you. We may use your information to develop and display content and advertising (and work with third parties who do so) tailored to your interests and/or location and then to measure its effectiveness.
- Request Feedback. We may use your information to request your feedback about your experience with the use of our Services.
- To enforce our terms, conditions, and policies for Business Purposes, Legal and Contractual Reasons.
- To respond to legal requests or to prevent harm. If we receive a subpoena or other legal request, we may need to inspect the data we hold to determine how to respond.
- To manage user accounts. We may use your information for the purposes of managing your account and keeping it in working order.
- To deliver services to the user. We may use your information to provide you with any requested services.
- To respond to user inquiries/offer support to users. We may use your information to respond to your inquiries and trouble shoot any issues you may encounter with the use of our Services.
3. WILL WE SHARE YOUR INFORMATION?
In Short: We only share information with your consent, to comply with laws, to provide you with services, to protect your or our rights, and to fulfill business obligations.
We may process or share data based on the following legal bases:
- Consent: We may process your data if you have given us consent to use your personal information for a specific purpose.
- Legitimate Interests: We may process your data when it is reasonably necessary to achieve our legitimate business interests.
- Performance of a Contract: Once we have entered into a contractual agreement with you, we may process your personal information to fulfill the terms of our agreement.
- Legal Obligations: We may disclose your information when we are legally required to do so in order to comply with applicable law, governmental requests, a judicial proceeding, court order, or legal process, such as in response to a court order or a subpoena (including in response to public authorities to meet national security or law enforcement requirements).
- Vital Interests: We may disclose your information when we believe it is necessary to investigate, prevent, or act on potential or actual violations of our policies, suspected fraud, situations involving potential or actual threats to the safety of any person, illegal activities, or as evidence in litigation.
More specifically, we may need to process your data or share your personal information in the following situations:
- Business Transfers. We may share or transfer your information in connection with, or during negotiations of any merger, sale of company assets, financing, or acquisition of all or a portion of our business to another company.
- Third-Party Advertisers. We may allow third-party advertising companies to display ads when you visit the Services. These companies may use information about your visits to our website(s) and other websites that are contained in web cookies and other tracking technologies to provide advertisements about goods and services of interest to you.
Cookies and similar technologies: Most Web browsers are set to accept cookies by default. If you prefer, you can usually choose to set your browser to remove cookies and to reject cookies. If you choose to remove cookies or reject cookies, this could affect certain features or services of our Services. To opt-out of interest-based advertising by advertisers on our Services visit http://www.aboutads.info/choices/.
5. HOW LONG DO WE KEEP YOUR INFORMATION?
In Short: We keep your information for as long as is legitimately necessary.
When we have no ongoing, legitimate business purpose to process your personal information, we will either delete or anonymize it; or, if this is not possible (for example, if your personal information has been stored in backup archives), then we will continue to securely store your personal information, but isolate it from any further processing until deletion is possible.
6. HOW DO WE KEEP YOUR INFORMATION SAFE?
In Short: We aim to protect your personal information through a system of organizational and technical security measures.
We have implemented appropriate technical and organizational security measures designed to protect the security of any personal information we process. However, please keep in mind that we cannot guarantee that the internet itself is 100% secure. Although we will do our best to protect your personal information, transmission of personal information to and from our Services is at your own risk. You should only access our Services within a secure environment.
7. DO WE COLLECT INFORMATION FROM MINORS?
In Short: We do not knowingly collect data from or market to children under 18 years of age.
We do not knowingly solicit data from or market to children under 18 years of age. By using our Services, you represent that you are at least 18 years of age, or that you are the parent or guardian of such a person and consent to that person’s use of the Services. If we learn that personal information from users under 18 years of age has been collected, we will deactivate the account and take reasonable measures to promptly delete such data from our records. If you become aware of any data that we have collected from any person under 18 years of age, please contact us.
8. CONTROLS FOR DO-NOT-TRACK FEATURES
Most web browsers and some mobile operating systems and mobile applications include a Do-Not-Track (“DNT”) feature or setting you can activate to signal your privacy preference to prevent data about your online browsing activities from being monitored or collected. No uniform technology standard for recognizing and implementing DNT signals has been adopted.
9. DO WE MAKE UPDATES TO THIS POLICY?
In Short: Yes, we update this policy as necessary to stay compliant with relevant laws and to reflect changes in our own policies.
10. HOW CAN YOU CONTACT US ABOUT THIS POLICY?
If you have questions or comments about this policy, you may contact us here or by post to:
823 Congress Avenue
Austin, TX 78701-2267